Scorecards & Local Rules
(To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf and any Temporary Local Rules)
- OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
All ground outside the Club boundaries defined by fence posts.
- STAKED TREES AND SHRUBS
If a staked tree or shrub interferes with a player’s stance or area of intended swing, the ball must be lifted without penalty, and dropped in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b. The ball may be cleaned when lifted, without penalty.
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS(Rule 24)
- All stakes defining GUR areas, and stakes (and/or guards) supporting staked trees/shrubs are deemed to be immovable obstructions.
- Immovable Obstructions on or within two club-lengths of the Putting Green. In addition to relief available under Rule 24-2, Specimen Local Rule 6 of Appendix 1, Part B, page 134, of the Rules of Golf may provide additional relief.
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR (Rule 25)
The following areas are defined as Ground Under Repair/Abnormal Ground Conditions:
- Areas defined by white stakes, white lines, and GUR signage.
- When a sprinkler is operating, the area directly subject to the spray is deemed to be an abnormal ground condition.
Note: Garden areas are an integral part of the course. No relief without penalty is available from them unless Local Rule No. 2 applies or an immovable obstruction causes interference (Rule 24). Woodchips on garden areas are deemed to be loose impediments.
- STONES IN BUNKERS
Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions. Rule 24-1 applies.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
Players may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES:
Stroke Play – 2 strokes
Match Play – loss of hole
If play is to be suspended the following sirens will be used:
One long siren- suspension of play Three short sirens – play to resume
Sprinkler head distance markers are measured in metres to the centre of the green.
Course Record – David Diaz – 64 (2006)
Course Record – Miss Rebecca Stevenson – 69 (1999)