Membership at Woodlands Golf Club
It is true we have a great course. It is also true that we have an even greater Club. One visit and you will appreciate why together they represent such a rare and alluring proposition. Members are drawn as much by the genuine fellowship that envelops the Club – that essential element that complements the golfing experience – as they are the reputation of the course.
Having a good course, though, undoubtedly helps. Many of those lucky enough to have played here instantly gain an affection for the place – the beautifully manicured fairways, the feelings of being one with nature, it just feels a perfect fit.
To join Woodlands, a Proposer and Seconder are generally required, plus two referees, one of whom must be a member of the Club. However, if a candidate does not know a Woodlands Member he/she should contact the Club, who will then endeavour to facilitate the application accordingly.
Woodlands Golf Club has launched a new member initiative to waive entrance fees for golfers joining from other clubs who have a proven commitment to golf through their established memberships. The initiative acknowledges that many applicants have already paid entrance fees once,and provides an opportunity – subject to strict criteria – to join Woodlands without paying a second entrance fee. The Club’s normal entrance and annual fees are unchanged, as are its membership procedures and conditions of acceptance.
Benefits of Membership
Membership has its privileges, so the old adage goes. Here are just a few compelling reasons why belonging to Woodlands Golf Club should be high on your list of priorities:
- The opportunity to play one of Australia’s finest golf courses as often as you like.
- At the same time enjoy an abundance of natural flora and fauna thanks to the Club’s sensitive environmental management policy.
- Get and maintain an active Golf Australia handicap.
- Many Club competitions with associated and historic silverware to play for.
- The chance to represent the Club in pennant competitions.
- Excellent off-course facilities in the form of the recently renovated and upgraded Club House.
- Meet like-minded individuals and enjoy the special rapport that comes with being a Woodlands member.
- Outstanding catering, with good food available seven days a week.
- A variety of memberships available to suit all needs.
- Fully stocked Pro Shop with knowledgeable staff.
- Golf tuition available seven days a week.
- Excellent practice facilities to hone long and short games.
- Easy access to book tee times.
- Frequent casual golf where new members can easily join in.
- Enjoy reciprocal golf at many clubs in Victoria, across Australia, and around the world.
- Friendly and welcoming staff always happy to help.
- Junior-friendly Club with a history of producing talented young players.
- Heavily discounted junior membership.
- Club House available to hire for functions.
- Active Club social calendar.